Saturday, December 26, 2009
Friday, December 25, 2009
- started and loves rice cereal
- now drinking about 5-6oz per feeding
- not sleeping straight through the night consistently anymore :(
- more consistent napping
- LOVES bath time!
- doesn't appear to hate car rides, as much as before
- has really started to recognize Brandon and I, and he smiles when we enter the room
- can roll tummy to back, back to tummy
- gums all.the.time.
- refuses to take a paci. Would rather gum on his hands or a teether.
Thursday, December 17, 2009
• 3/4 box powdered sugar
• 1 stick of butter, melted
• 1 pound box vanilla wafers
• 1 6-ounce can frozen orange juice
• chopped nuts
• shredded coconut
extra powdered sugar (to roll 'em in)
Crush vanilla wafers in a food processor or blender to make fine crumbs. Add all other ingredients and mix with your hands. Form into balls and roll in powdered sugar, or nuts or coconut. Refrigerate to set. Store in refrigerator.
(these cookies would be really easy to make with children too!)
Monday, December 14, 2009
I am really enjoying my job(s). I feel like I have the best of both worlds- I'm able to work and do what I love, but I'm able to spend more time with Bryson. I'm still struggling to figure out the balance of housework/cooking dinner and the above mentioned things, but who isn't?
It's just crazy to think that this time last year, we were just finding out that we were expecting! It's amazing when you realize how much our lives have changed in a year's time.
Bryson seemed to enjoy himself. He wasn't super kick-y or grinning the whole time- it was like he was just trying to soak it all in!
Saturday, December 5, 2009
I adore it. I got an iphone about a month ago, and I tend to look at craigslist in-between clients and while waiting in line at the store! I can go days without seeing anything I would be interested in purchasing and then, bam- something will pop up!
So far, I've gotten mainly toys/games/materials for speech therapy- that Bryson can play with when he is a little older. Some of my best finds thus far?
- Leap Frog fridge toys- garage set and animal matching set for $10 total
- Elefun for $2
- Melissa & Doug puzzles, 6 for $10 total
- Melissa & Doug lacing blocks and castle building blocks for $10 total
- 64 jars of gerber baby food for $10
I've sold several baby items on Craigslist as well- items that we just didn't use and I can't see us using the future.
What do you think of Craigslist? I was a little creeped out by it at first, but I always meet the seller/buyer at the local gas station, during the day time. I also never give out my phone number.
What have you found on Craigslist?
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
While in Texas, we did some Black Friday shopping. Target, CVS, Michaels and Ikea. Oh, how I wish we had an Ikea up here!
After the embarrassing OSU loss, we headed home- here's Mr. B in his ADORABLE OSU hat-
We finished off the weekend by decorating the house for Christmas and attempting to hang Christmas lights outside. I love this time of year, and I can't wait to teach our traditions to Bryson!
How was your Thanksgiving? Any 'traveling with baby' tips?