Monday, May 4, 2009

Back in the saddle

I finally got 'back in the saddle' and did some couponing at Homeland this past week! Here's how I did:

Total Spent: $13.50
Saved 64% on the following groceries:
*3 bertolli pasta sauces
*2 jars of miracle whip
*Texas Toast
*C&H powdered sugar
*Wishbone salad dressing (for $0.16!)
*lemon juice

Saturday, I went garage sale-ing in the rain! I found 2 really good sales- I picked up a fisher price baby swing that turns into a rocking chair (for my parents house) for $5! And a bagful of baby clothing. Again, all of the clothing was from Baby Gap and Gymboree.

In 2 weekends of garage sales, I've probably spent $15 to $20 on clothing for our little guy. But, it's all name-brand, stain free, and varied sizes. I know that he'll out-grow the smaller sizes so fast, why spend alot of $ on 'em? But, he'll still look really cute :)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I meant to ask you earlier if you went to any sales on saturday. Glad you found some good stuff!

louann said...

Wow, you've saved a lot on baby stuff! Gymboree is a really good brand-- comfy and cute clithes.