The other night, a friend and I were chatting, and we realized how much of a focus there is on frugality now days. With the economy the way it is, I think it's really important for Americans to take a good, hard look at the finances. Why spend over $300 for groceries a month for just 2 people? There's alot to be learned about cutting back & enjoying what you have and the time you spend with others.
There's somethings I won't compromise on though. And, now that we are pregnant, I'm curious to see where we draw the line when it comes to frugality with the baby. I've ready on other blogs that you only need some basic items for a baby, but I'm looking forward to buying a baby swing and some other 'non-neccessity' items. And, I don't think I should feel bad about it. As long as you don't over-spend, and keep putting money into savings, why cut every corner?
So I got to thinking- what are some things that I spend $ on right now? Here's a few things I could care less about being frugal about:
1. Hair care- from shampoo, to haircuts, to eyebrow waxing to highlighting- I don't really skimp in this area. I like for my hair to look nice. I enjoy going to the salon!
2. Hardwood/laminate floor cleaner- I'm addicted to Method's cleaner. I love it. It's expensive, and I don't care :)
3. Electronics & Appliances- you get what you pay for
4. Clothing- to an extent. I think you get what you pay for with clothing as well. I do wait for items to go on sale, but I am still a bit of a snob and shop only at certain stores. I'm not below consignment though, especially if I'm looking for a basic piece. But, I still by name-brand at consignment.
5. Medical Care- if we're sick, we're going to the doctor. I will never skip a yearly appt or physical
6. Scrapbooking- I scrapbook once a month, and I don't feel bad spending $10-$20 on that evening. That's my night out.
So, what things are you not as frugal about?
Americana Hat & Graphic Tee $20 Shipped!
8 hours ago