I wish there was an 'RSV for Dummies' book out there!
Bryson was diagnosed with RSV earlier this week. At first, I wasn't super concerned- he seemed to be handling it well. He was still playing, 'talking' and sleeping like normal. I started to wonder why children had to be hospitalized and such a big deal was made about the virus.
Now that RSV has hit him full force- I know! It's heartbreaking and just terrible that I can't do much to help him!
So, I figured I'd share, from my experience some RSV tidbits/tips:
1. Do your best to keep fluids up. We stopped offering rice cereal/baby foods. Hydration is key.
2. Sleep- Bryson has slept best upright, chest to chest on one of us.
3. Invest in an battery powered nasal aspirator- this has been a life saver.
4. Breathing treatments are difficult with the mask- switch to the wand. Bryson will gum on the wand, thus getting more abuderol into him.
5. Rotate Tylenol and Motrin.
6. My doctor recommended keep him cool- he hasn't really had a fever (as most children do) but she recommended letting him sleep in light clothing- no footed pj's, etc.
7. Boogie Wipes are amazing. They are wipes w/ saline solution- I believe you can get 'em at Target or BRU.
I'm just praying that Bryson will be feeling better by Monday......I'm ready to have my sweet, playful baby boy back!