Saturday, January 24, 2009

Grocery Shopping- finally!

Last night, I finally got around to grocery shopping. Homeland has some good deals, but a cold-front was moving in and Brandon offered to go with me. So, we went to Wal-Mart with the grocery ad's in hand.

Total OOP: $73.28
Money saved with coupons/price comp-ing: $28.06

My best find was ground beef on sale for $1.69 at Homeland. I picked up 7 lbs- saving over $16! I also used my Kashi breakfast bar coupons from Vocalpoint, getting 3 boxes for $0.97 each and one for free :)

It felt good to be back into couponing :) I always stink at couponing in the winter- I'd rather be at home where it's nice and warm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job! Glad to hear you got out and found some good deals. Those Kashi bars will be great to keep in your desk for when you get hungry!