Monday, January 26, 2009

You know you're in Oklahoma when.....

Everything in the state is pretty much cancelled, OSU actually calls off class as of 2pm (unheard of in my college days there!), yet the bedlam basketball game goes on.

Not only are they playing the game as scheduled- anyone who shows up to the game will be admitted!!!!
Directly after making the announcement on the 5 o'clock news, the newscasters immediately reminded people it's not safe to be out driving. Classy.

So, we're using/creating another 'snow day' at work. I don't really mind as it's pretty slick out there. But just once, I'd like it to actually SNOW. Crazy notion, I know. Ice is just no fun.

I'll post some photos tomorrow- it's beautiful outside.
Stay warm!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We got 2 inches of ice here. Not as fun as snow! I miss living in Ohio and getting a foot dumped over night!

CindyDianne said...

My husband has been working in Oklahoma City for the last month, coming home every weekend. This week they didn't have him up...

I am glad. I can't imagine working out in this weather.