Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Walgreens deals & counting down

I heard about some cheap Huggies wipes at Walgreens, so I decided to check it out while I was in Walgreens picking up milk. Here's how I did:
4 Huggies wipes- $2.99 each
- 4 $2/1 Walgreens store coupons
- $0.50/1 Huggies wipes manf coupon
- $0.75/1 Huggies wipes manf coupon
= $2.71 for 4 packages of wipes

Not too bad, huh? If you remember my diaper stash post from a while back, we're well stocked in the diapers & wipes department, but I figure for that price, I just couldn't pass the deal up!


On the baby front- we made some tough decisions at our Dr's appt this week. Baby Bryson has been measuring ahead on our ultrasounds for almost 10 weeks. He's estimated to be close to/at 8 lbs now! He's a strong, healthy baby- but he's stubborn, just like myself :)
We decided (with prayer and alot of wise counsel) to go ahead and schedule a c-section. Its a little strange to know the exact date that little Bryson will enter the world- but who knows, he could surprise us and come on his own before! Which would ROCK!
But, if he doesn't come before the set date, that's ok too! I know that we're making the best decision for us, and that's all we can do.

So, now I have just a few days left to get the house ready, bake some stuff to keep in the freezer, celebrate Brandon's 27th birthday, see as many friends as possible and wrap up my cases at work. I'm going to try to pre-plan some meals for Brandon to prepare. Several friends have offered to bring food over, so I'm going to attempt to get that organized....I also plan on relaxing as much as I can and just enjoying this 'alone' time with Brandon.

I'm excited, yet trying not to become anxious! For the past few mornings, I've woke up with this Bible verse in my head.
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4: 6-7

No comments: