Wednesday, October 1, 2008

WFMW: Kitchen Organization

It's time for another WFMW! I haven't participated in a while, but this week's in themed so I thought I'd jump right in.


Until this summer, we have had a TINY kitchen with very limited drawer space. I had to come up with clever ways to keep my measuring cups, measuring spoons and little cooking nick knacks organized. This is what I came up with: Open baskets with a slightly higher back than front.
(They were $4 @ Wal-Mart)

Now that we own a house with a large kitchen, I keep the baskets on my lazy Susan and in my pantry. Whenever I'm baking, I just pull the entire basket out from the lazy Susan, place it on the counter top and I have immediate access to my measuring cups/spoons.

I also love the little white metal shelf the basket is sitting on in my pantry. They are actually in the closet organization area at Target, and they run about $5 each. Check out how much more I can store in my pantry with the shelving:

Make sure and check out the other WFMW tips at www.rocksinmydryer.typepad.com

5 comments:

Wildwood Mama said...

Pretty pantry! I love baskets too, but I like how yours are higher in the back. Also, that little shelf on the door looks handy too.

P.S. He loves you... said...

makes knowing what you have all the better...great space saving!

erincraig said...

I love this idea! I have been throwing all those things in a small cubard and hate how messy it looks. I will be looking for a basket to fit there!

fruitfulwords said...

Some great ideas for baskets. I also like the pix. Thanks for sharing and inspiring me to do something with my lack of space.

Petunia Bloom said...

I have those white metal shelves in my closet and they are WONDERFUL. You can't beat $5 at Target when they are so useful.