* scrubbed down the kitchen back splash, counter tops, front of oven & dishwasher
* moved my KitchenAid mixer and toaster out of kitchen, into the laundry room
* washed the kitchen floor rugs
* washed, dried and ironed the tablecloths
* picked up card table & a folding chair from mom & dad
* moved my turkey to the fridge to thaw
* FINALLY cleaned out the 'blue' bedroom upstairs (the last room w/ boxes from the move)
* Made the brine mixture.
Like I said last week, I'm using Alton Brown's brine recipe from the food network. Here are my ingredients:I cheated and made my own "candied ginger" by mixing equal parts of ground ginger and sugar. Instead of using 1/2 tbsp of allspice berries, I just used 1 tsp ground allspice.
Following Alton's directions, I combined everything but the ice water and brought it to a boil:
The house sure does smell wonderful! Tomorrow, Nannie is coming over to help me w/ the turkey (ok, I don't like touching the bird/removing the insides. Nannie loves me, so she does it! I'm spoiled!!!!) and we'll start brining the turkey tomorrow night.