Why was I so nervous? Today was my 1st day as a full time employee!!! 6 years of school + ALOT of hard work, all leading up to this 1st full time job as an SLP.
Today was a district-wide new hire meeting, and it was nothing like I expected it to be. Let's just say, I'm ready to be at my school and working with the kiddos! But, as with any job- you have to learn the ropes 1st.
I also found out today that I will be traveling- I will have 6 teenagers to work with at the I-High. I'm a little nervous, considering I can't be more than 8-1o years older than these kiddos, but I think it will be a good experience. I'll still be at the elementary school the majority of the week, only missing about an hour 2 mornings a week to speech path it up over at the I-High.
Here's some new things I'm looking forward to:
- completing home improvement projects with Brandon
- hanging out w/ my new friend Elizabeth
- getting to know the other teachers better- & hopefully making new friends there!
- fresh pencils
- elementary school smell- especially on the 1st day!
- meeting, then treating 55 kiddos in 1 week!
- Leia being potty trained (she hasn't gone in her crate in over 2 days!)
- wearing my new fall shoes :)
- a steady paycheck!!!!
- OSU season football tickets