Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Day 2...Couponing necessities (WFMW)

Everyone organizes their coupons in different ways.

My friend Micheal-Ann puts her's in alphabetical order in a clear rubbermaid shoe box thingy w/ a lid. On HCW, some people have 3 ring binders w/ baseball card type clear holders.

I put my coupons into 2 of these 13 compartment expandable check folder thingys.....found right now @ the dollar spot @ Target! (mine are from this summer, but they have 'em out again!)

I have 2 folders, one for food (which I carry in my purse) and one for cleaners, etc. which I keep in my car. Within each folder, I have my coupons organized by categories, such as frozen, dairy, canned goods, snacks, baking, drinks, etc.

The trick to couponing is this:

**always have your coupons w/ you!

**Look at your local grocery store ad (see my homeland ad in the photo?) and circle the deals you plan on getting. I match up my coupons to these deals before I ever leave the house. It makes it easier to get through the store, and I'm not fumbling for my coupons all the time!

**Keep your grocery ad's so that you can price-comp @ Wal-Mart.

for more good general life tips, check out:http://rocksinmydryer.typepad.com/

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Those are awesome tips!! I made my first step to couponing, I bought a Sunday paper!! However, we are about to go out of town so I can't wait to get back and tackle the couponing world!! Happy New Year!!

Allison said...

That is little thing is also the type of thing I have to keep my coupons in too. I never understood the 3ring binder method. Seems too complicated for me.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great tips! I am trying so hard to get organized in this area! Check out www.moneysavingmom.com I get lots of great tips there for couponing!

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah! I have just started couponing the past 2 months or so. So far I have been horrible. I guess my biggest problem is finding coupons for things that we acctually use. But I am not giving up! My goal is to really start saving money anywhere that I can. So thanks for all the tips, I just found your blog and really enjoy it!