Monday, January 14, 2008

Photo 14...easy dinner!

Monday's are my LONG day, and I always struggle w/ what to fix for supper since I never feel like it by the time I get home.
So, this morning I put 3 lbs. of boneless pork roast in the crock pot w/ this McCormick 'Pulled Pork' seasoning packet and what it called for- vinegar, ketchup and brown sugar.
When I came home, the house smelled so good! And, even better- dinner was ready!!!! All I had to do was shred the meat, and we were ready to eat.
I'm going to freeze what we didn't eat. So, not only did I prepare 1 easy meal, but now I have enough meat for 2 others.
I love how couponing has changed my life. I waited to try this until I could get pork @ a good price, and the seasoning packet I got on sale as well. This dish ended up only costing me:
$5.97 for the pork (1.99/lb)
$0.49 for the seasoning
Ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar- had on hand
$1.00 for a 6 pk. of hoagie buns (used a coupon)
total: $7.46...
but then divide that by 3, since it will feed us 3 times= $2.48!!!
Not bad @ all :)

4 comments:

Allison said...

I love crock pot cooking! Is that a crock pot liner you have there? I've been searching for those forever and can't find them. Where did you get it? :)

Ashley said...

That looks so good. I love those crockpot liners!! They are a time saver!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is great!
Not only saving money, but time.
WTG

Unknown said...

I always feel so good when I come home and smell the crockpot cooking! It means an easy night for me!